Friday, January 15, 2010

5th Post --- To Singapore Idol, Or not to Singapore Idol ?


Oh, How I do hate Mediacorp... Whatever new,hit reality show comes out in America, a boring and STUPID version comes out of Mediacorp's Prison..I mean studio (Yes, i know they have the permission to but still...). So, American Idol was a brilliant show almost everyone knows, soon after the first season ended, guess what ? Mediacorp proved to be as predictable as before, producing their own " Singapore Idol ". The only difference between both versions was...... American Idol had talented singers, Good judges while Singapore Idol had pathetic singers and a judge who looked like he has not been to the lavatory for months... yes, I'm talking about judge Ken Lim.

Let me talk about Ken Lim first... anyway, I have no idea whether Ken Lim is constipated or simply grouchy... I think he's grouchipated... a hybrid of grouchy and constipated... uh. I mean, seriously, does he even know how to smile ?!?! Not once did I see him even smirk in the entire series. So, I have come to the conclusion that Ken Lim suffers from " SaSD " ... Smirking and smiling disorder. Yes, I made it up, but who cares, the fact remains, Ken Lim IS and SHALL remain grouchipated.

Now, on to the show itself...
Mediacorp.. once again, you disappoint me. Not only you copy other people's ideas shamelessly, You can't even do a good job out of it. Why ? Here are my reasons :

1. The " ambience " is just not there. You now what I'm saying, American Idol had the Ambience, Singapore Idol does not.

2. It is frustrating to see Malays dominating the show every year, come on, We need a breath of fresh air after 3 malays who cannot sing for nuts have won the title. ( I have nothing against Malays, but can't other races get a chance ? Like Sylvia, she easily beats Sezairi ! )

3. Once again, TOO many wannabes who can't sing to save a life carry on to the finals. What about Tabita or Syltra ? They sang well... But noooooo. Instead we get complete no-hopers like Duane and Sezairi.

So, you probably agree with me... or not... but...
So,
To singapore Idol or not to Singapore Idol ?

My answer ( In my not-so humble opinion )
NOT to Singapore Idol








No comments:

Post a Comment